application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022) Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by YanSan, Nov 13, 2008.

1. YanSan

YanSan Private E-2

so everytime to try to use media player classic i get this error

'application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). click ok to terminate the application'

i am fairly certain it is a permission issue, and i believe i know what caused it. while following the smitfraud fix i did step 3 (when i probably shouldn't have) which Restores Trusted and Restricted Zones.

i have tried to look up how to fix this myself, but they seem to pertain to vista and/or talk about things i don't know how to do, or i can't find. My account is also the admin account. could anyone help me solve this issue?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I would uninstall MPC and reinstall the latest version.
    I usually download a copy of what I'm going to install before I uninstall the buggy program.

3. YanSan

YanSan Private E-2

thats for the advice.this is the first thing i did. after that didn't work, i looked up what the error was. it is not an issue with media player classic, but a problem with windows giving me permission. i believe something was reset when i ran smitfraudfix. i believe i have to set my permission back, but i don't know how to do so.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds