Application Keeps Crashing In Win 7 Pro....

Discussion in 'Software' started by ColKorn, Dec 26, 2016.

1. ColKorn

ColKorn Private First Class

I recently upgraded to Win 7 Pro and reinstalled the Omron Wellness Gateway application to upload data from my Omron pedometer to the Omron Wellness web site. It worked fine when I operated under Win 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.

Now every time I try to upload my data, the program keeps crashing. I can't get through (via phone) to
    Omron Tech Support for assistance. Here's the program crash data:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: gateway.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.2.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 56e1ff95
    Problem Signature 04: HidLibrary
    Problem Signature 05: 3.2.31.0
    Problem Signature 06: 54aa2902
    Problem Signature 07: e2
    Problem Signature 08: 14
    Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 60c8
    Additional Information 2: 60c81e653798b12a6cac77b82ce9cfa2
    Additional Information 3: 450c
    Additional Information 4: 450c12d39bd6d8de886a64a2675060f5

Can anyone make any sense of what's causing the application to crash all the time?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

ColKorn likes this.
  3. ColKorn

I already contacted Omron customer service; I do have an account. They told me to
    contact Tech Support, which I've been unable to do.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Their website tells you they are not available until 2 January 2017.

5. ColKorn

Roger that.

I sure wish I knew what the crash data implied....

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I'm sure they will help next week. It's not time crucial is it? You're just talking about pedometer data, nothing vital at this moment.

7. ColKorn

It's time crucial in that the pedometer holds data for only 30 days.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You can try a totally clean uninstall of Omron using a decent uninstaller such as IoBit Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller
    then restart the system, run CCleaner Slim > Cleaner and Registry Scan > Fix all issues, and after look for any Omron left over folders in Program files and Program Data - and if any found delete them.
    Restart the system and do a fresh clean install of the program and see if it works.
    If that doesn't work you may just have to wait till Monday.

The only other option before then would be to run sfc /scannow via an ADMINISTRATOR Command Prompt. That may (but may not) resolve any system file issues if any are there.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929833

ColKorn likes this.
  9. Stephen_c16

Stephen_c16 Master Sergeant

Could reboot be an answer?
    s.

10. ColKorn

Note: Using CCleaner for Registry repair may be inviting trouble. Have been so advised
    in other online forums....

11. ColKorn

I have run sfc /scannow and found no issues. Surely someone can tell me the technical gist of the above error message?

12. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

That's quite an ask! But if the program has been faulting ever since you installed it then as a first step I would reboot with all peripherals disconnected and perform an 'over-the-top' reinstall. Might fix it and certainly won't do any harm.

Stephen_c16 likes this.
  13. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Previous post got duplicated, please delete

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  14. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It looks like the software hits a problem with .NET and an HID dll, possibly a mismatch somewhere but I tend to steer clear of programs that require .NET whenever possible so I've not bumped into a similar error to be able to troubleshoot it.

The HID might indicate a problem communicating with the device, try a different USB port, check that no USB ports are set to save power in Device Manager and from the main Power Control Panel.

Check that you have all the specifically required .NET and other libraries installed for the Wellness software version you're using, check that Windows is fully updated for Office/.NET etc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds