Application not found

Discussion in 'Software' started by yasmin, Feb 8, 2012.

1. yasmin

yasmin Private E-2

Hi :)

I have been having problems with my laptop lately. Application not found keeps appearing even when I'm not accessing something. Sometimes I can't use the system C and other times I can.

I have noticed that my main admin account google chrome stopped working and I'm using the guest account and started having this application not found problem.

I only have SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes as virus scanner. I'm not sure if this is enough. I think there is several problems with my laptop it's very slow when starting it and it keeps freezing with no flash in the middle of using the net. I'm clueless about spotting virus problems, so I kept using it with all those problems.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

2. yasmin

yasmin Private E-2

I just did a scan:

alwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6828

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

08/02/2012 12:17:36
    mbam-log-2012-02-08 (12-17-36).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Objects scanned: 147663
    Time elapsed: 28 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 3
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
    c:\Windows\System32\f3PSSavr.scr (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Not selected for removal.

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, yasmin...

I strongly suggest you go through the Malware Forum's Read & Run Me First thread, perform all of the suggested steps, and attach the requested logs to a new thread in that forum.

Once the Malware guys give you a clean bill of health, if you've still got problems we'll get you sorted.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

PUP in malwarebytes means Potentially Unwanted Program

I see you selected a screensaver. Here is the information on FunWebProducts
    Personally, I'd let MBAM remove that screensaver.

Reboot then see if the computer is better behaved because MBAM has taken care of 3 registry keys and the unwanted program.

You can also run a free online scan with ESET's av tool and see if anything else is on the computer.
    http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

You should look to install an av to work with the two security programs you have.

5. yasmin

yasmin Private E-2

Hi

I think I also have fake window security center.

Everytime I start my laptop it keeps coming up and saying windows secuirty alert. Also computer status- potentially unprotected.

I don't know if its the real one.

This morning my laptop was stuck on Microsoft corporation and after i kept switching it off with no help. Tried starting in safe mode, it would not let me in to guest account. I did system restore which worked.

Still now when starting up takes ages and also videos keep crushing.

6. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Please follow Caliban's advice in post #3. It's highly likely that you have malware problems far greater than you realize.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds