Application to automatically rename downloaded app installers??

Discussion in 'Software' started by m021478, Jan 30, 2008.

1. m021478

m021478 Private E-2

Does anyone know of a program that can automatically search through a selected 'Downloads' folder (in which I keep all .exe and .msi application installers), and then automatically rename the enclosed installer files with the full name and version of the program that each particular installer file is for (or place them into sub-folders named using the full name and version of the app that the installer is for)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

2. m021478

m021478 Private E-2

Anyone?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I not come across a bulk renamer that will do this yet, I think one major hurdle to achieving this is that many setup.exe files do not have in their properties > details any info to what the full name of this file is called.

I tend to rename then at the download stage.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds