Application windows randomly switches

Discussion in 'Software' started by titanium13, Sep 5, 2015.

1. titanium13

titanium13 Private E-2

I originally posted this in the Malware forum but the helper did not find any malware and suggested I post here.

I downloaded GorMedia Webcam Software Suite and installed it. It came with a bunch of malware including moviedea.exe and msnetcore.exe, which I've deleted along with the original Webcam Software. Ever since then, I've been having the following problems.

1) Open applications windows will randomly switch. For example, I may have a Firefox window open and Internet Explorer open. I will be typing something in Firefox and it will switch to the Internet Explorer window automatically. The window will also sometimes flash but remain in the same application rather than switching.

2) The applications list on my taskbar will randomly close and open. If I have a Firefox window up, the indicator on the taskbar will randomly close and then open back up by shrinking and then expanding back.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. titanium13

titanium13 Private E-2

I've discovered that there is a name for this issue. It's called "stealing focus." I didn't have this problem until after I downloaded the malware. My computer is clean now but I still have the problem. Any ideas?

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings titanium13.

My first step would be to post your system specs here in this thread so that any potential volunteers will have valuable background information onboard.

Quick question: do the same symptoms exist when the machine is booted into Safe Mode or after a Clean Boot?

My second step would be to run a System File Check.

Interesting problem - please keep the thread updated. Good luck.

4. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

I suspect that the problems could be caused by a conflict between GorMedia Webcam Software and Logitech Webcam Software.
    Is Firefox always running when these problems occur? The reason I ask is because Logitech Webcam Software (LWS) is injecting the following dll into Firefox:
    Code:
    C:\windows\system32\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll
    If Firefox is a common denominator, you could try terminating any instance of LWS.exe from the task manager, close out any instances of Firefox. Then see if you still get the odd behaviour.

5. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Ignore the last line of the above post as LWS is also using separate injection processes.

6. titanium13

titanium13 Private E-2

Yes, it does appear that Firefox is the common denominator. The problem does not happen if I'm using Internet Explorer. I deleted the GorMedia Webcam software when this initially occurred. Is there something else I should delete besides the Logitech software?

My system specs are:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Service Pack 1
    64 bit
    Desktop, not laptop

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds