'Aquiring Network Address' freeze

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sarakc1014, Dec 13, 2008.

1. sarakc1014

sarakc1014 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my laptop connecting to my router/modem/internet.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 on an HP dv6000 laptop.
    I have a Netgear WPN824 wireless router connected to an AT&T modem.

When I first turn on my computer I'm automatically connected to the internet. No problems there. After the computer sleeps it won't reconnect to the router/internet wired or wirelessly. The connection freezes on 'Acquiring Network Connection' and then times out. The only way I've found to reconnect to the network is to reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sara

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could try in Device Manager and then open Network Adapters and double click the Ethernet connection and in its Power Managment and untick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power > Ok

Do same for Wireless network device.

Reboot and see if that fixes it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds