Arabic text appears on US-English PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Aug 12, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The title is lame, but I couldn't think of anything else that would explain what's going on here, and I've also attached some screen shots (we all know how I love those screen shots ;) ). Anyway- this laptop has WinXP Home SP2 and recently had some malware removed. I'm sure it's all gone (I'm pretty good at removing malware) but the malware has left some damage in it's wake and all of that has been fixed except for this Arabic that seems to be sprinkled through-out the OS seemingly at random. Most stuff is English, some stuff is Arabic and I can't figure out how the heck to change it back to 100% English. I've checked all the language/region settings I could find and they are all 100% set at English.

H E L P ! ! ! ! :cry

Attached Files:

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Only thing I can find is reinstalling SP2 or installing SP3 fixes it. Might want to go ask in malware, they run into this all the time.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I have reported you to Homeland Security. Look for the black helicopter to appear over your house any minute. :-D

I think Cat has a great idea, check in with the malware folks.

E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds