archos av 700 mobile dvr

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimbojimjay, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jimbojimjay

jimbojimjay Private E-2

dont know if in wrong section but got this of a friend to see if i can update it to latest version been on the site to download it but can not open it its in aos files windows cant do it i only need to get it on to my desktop so i can drag and drop but im stuck any help thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Take it this is the firmware for the Archos? if so this is from their website on updating

If the device is not seen in Windows, then what Windows version adn service pack you using? again some info from Archos

If I've not understood your "windows cant do it i only need to get it on to my desktop so i can drag and drop" line then where is this file to start with and what messages does winodes give you if it cannot allow you to drag and drop the file?

3. jimbojimjay

jimbojimjay Private E-2

thanks for answering but whats happening is when i download the update from the site it wont let me save to desktop it in the downloads but i cant open it cos windows says it doesnot know what type of file it is ita aos but i cant find anything for it you would think something as inportant as an update would be easier to do thanks again for your help im still non the wiser lol

4. DavidGP

Hi

Ah gotcha, if its in downloads and the full size of 1.84mb then thats ok, but you wont be able to just double click it as its a proprietory format that you have to use the option I quoted first if the PC your using recognises the Archos plugged in and in My Computer has Jukebox.

If not then its not recognised by USB so follow the second quote.

Once its recognised, right click the UPDATE_A700.AOS file and choose COPY, then right click on the Archos device in My Computer and click PASTE and the firmware should update.

I agree with you should be easier, even my iPhone is not as much a pain to update as the Archos.

5. jimbojimjay

jimbojimjay Private E-2

right ill give that a go thanks for this help ive got a few things done with it like movies on and music so its not a bad piece of kit so if ican update it ill be happy thanks again

6. jimbojimjay

jimbojimjay Private E-2

ok mate just to let you know that worked a treat thanks again

7. DavidGP

Hi

GREAT STUFF and no probs and you're very welcome, glad the convoluted steps helped update the Archos.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds