Are there any freeware programs for recovering data off a CD-R?

Discussion in 'Software' started by lilsourgoose, Dec 31, 2004.

1. lilsourgoose

lilsourgoose Private E-2

I have a CD-R full of files that seem to have vanished. Only one folder remains on a disc that used to have a dozen. Are there any freeware applications for recovering this lost data? I tried using demo versions of expensive programs that would do the trick--and the demos did show the lost files, but wouldn't recover them until I paid up. If I have to pay, I will, but wanted to check and see if any freeware applications would do the trick first.
    Thanks for any advice anyone can give!!

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Go to MG download section and browse under 'Drive Utilities' each person might have different experience with the ones they used but PC Inspector File Recovery 3.0 is a good one....more on that page....read description and click on license on top to sort the free ones on top, etc. Another good one is ISOBuster (off-site link and only up to version 1.0 is free)
    Good Luck.

3. lilsourgoose

lilsourgoose Private E-2

Thanks a million for the tip! ISObuster did the trick! (I tried the PC Inspector as well, but it is not yet suited for CD-R file recovery...)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds