Are there programs similar to Acronis "Try and Decide'':?

Discussion in 'Software' started by perfection, Jul 28, 2013.

1. perfection

perfection Private E-2

I would like to know whether there are softwares that work similar to Try and decide....
    what I mean by this is virtualization software that survives reboots - meaning that they reboot (or give a user a choice to reboot) into the virtual environ right from reboot and allow the user to get out of the environ when he/she so desires - a kind of a persist mode that is useful when testing programs that require reboots (including testing the suspected ill effects of some OS updates).

It will be a bonus to save in real time to the real environment or altogether exclude a folder or two from the protected/virtual environ

Thanks

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

There is a commercial snapshot program called RollBack RX which will do what you want, as you can revert the system to any earlier state in seconds plus reboot time. I have used a similar program name of Wondershare Time Shuttle but discontinued its use as it imposed too many restrictions on what you may and may not do while it is running, especially the ban on using boot disks or imaging programs. It was pretty amazing though, the speed at which you could revert to earlier states.

3. perfection

perfection Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds