Armed and Dangerous

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheTick, Jul 30, 2007.

1. TheTick

TheTick Corporal

Hey i bought armed and dangerous for the PC a while ago and it would not work on my Computer

I bought a new 1 a while ago and the specs were what the game needed to be able to play.
    I can remember properly off hand but they are something like this:
    Pentinum 4 2.93 ghz
    512 MB of RAM
    128 Mb Graphics card dont no the make
    160 Gb H/D
    Win XP
    If you need any more of the spec u will have to let me know

Any way i installed armed and dangerous on XP and installled directX 9, but when i try and play the game it says
    "DirectX 9 needs installing on your pc which i do, then it wont load"
    I try again and it does the same
    The game comes with a system requirements scanner which i ran and it says that no 3D hardware found and directX 9 failed. I am confused cause my graphics has more than enough to run the game.
    Apparently Halo has been run on this PC before

I thought i had an inbuilt graphics card on my motherboard but i looked in and can take the graphics card out, does that mean it is not inbuilt.

Could there be an inbuilt graphics card there as well as a seperate graphics card?

Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Adam

P.S.
    i am in the lib at the minute so if you need anymore info it might take a few days to get it to you sorry

2. kieranm1982

kieranm1982 Private E-2

I was wondering did you find a way to get the game to play because I am having the same problem

3. TheTick

TheTick Corporal

Yeah i got the game to play in the end

i think i dragged the Armed and dangerous exe file from the folder onto the desktop and it worked after that.
    I will have to check tho

I hope this helps if it does not then let me know and i will double check for you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds