Array Modifications in PHP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Yzaraf, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Yzaraf

Yzaraf Private E-2

First Question:

I have split a string into an array.

ie: bob_smells_like_poo

I want to change all of the underscores to spaces.

What functions are there that could locate an underscore?

Also: There is a function called array_key_exists that tells you if a key exists. Is there one for values?

I want to change all of the first letters of each word to a capital. What would be the best method?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

explode() would explode your string into an array, where you specify your seperator.

As for values... you simply use a conditional (e.g. if ($somearray[9] != null) { dostuff(); } )... if the value is null, then it doesn't exist!

Capitalising - if you simply want to add a capital to the start of every word, use ucwords, if you want Title Case, have a look at this: http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2005/03/15/title-case-in-php/

3. Yzaraf

Yzaraf Private E-2

How about the changing of _ to %20?

I didnt really understand what u meant by the conditional, but the title case helped a lot!

4. Yzaraf

Yzaraf Private E-2

okay here is in essence what i am attempting to do.

The script explodes a string.

If any of the values are equal to an underscore, it replaces it with a %20 (space).

Yet it would be annoying to have to create a conditional for each element in the array... suggestions?

5. Yzaraf

Yzaraf Private E-2

lol figured it out... in_array... haa! feel like such an idiot...

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Just replacing a string within a string, you might want to use a egreg().

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds