arrow keys malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Software' started by agiosotheos, Jul 24, 2013.

1. agiosotheos

agiosotheos Private E-2

So, just to make it clear off the bat, so far I've only noticed this occurring on Facebook. In my research about the issue I haven't yet encountered any other for whom that was also true.

So the problem is (on FB [when logged in, not before on the opening page]) that none of the scrolling buttons (arrow keys, Pg Dn, Pg Up, home, and end) perform their normal proper function. Most of them perform the function of End, whereas the up arrow does that of Home.

Any ideas? I've already done some research on this and none of what I have found so far has been helpful.

2. 3headed monkey

3headed monkey Private E-2

strange one. maybe malware? you could try scanning with malwarebytes, superantispyware, spybot etc. Try using a different browser as well and see if that makes a difference.

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Doubt Malware. Really do not know what the OP means that their arrow keys do not work while in Facebook.

OP are you trying to play games in Facebook?

4. agiosotheos

agiosotheos Private E-2

No, this is not in the context of playing games. This is actually on any page once I log in.

I will elaborate on how they do not work. The "Home" button normally scrolls immediately to the very top of a page. The "End" button normally scrolls immediately to the very bottom. Normally the arrow keys slowly inch in the respective directions that their symbol points. The "Pg Up" button jumps in larger segments up and the "Pg Dn". When I am logged into Facebook on this particular computer, all of the above keys make the page scroll immediately to the very bottom (as "End" normally does), whereas the up arrow immediately scrolls to the top (as "Home" normally does).

Sorry if the way I phrased that sounded patronizing. It just seemed the best way to describe what is going on.

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You do not use arrow keys to navigate Facebook. If you have a mouse or Touchpad, you use that to navigate the web page, along with various other webpages on the Internet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds