Arsclip conflict with Windows 8.1 ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DevilsAdvacat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. DevilsAdvacat

DevilsAdvacat Private E-2

I was having a problem with Arsclip ver4.0 or 4.1 not working. I kept getting the message below whenever I started my Gateway because it was in the startup folder:
    C:\Program files (X86)\Arsclip\TextCache\00000002\ACZ2
    "The process can not access the file because it is being used by another process [Debug.txt] LOG created.

Then I discovered there was a newer version so I uninstalled what I had and downloaded Arsclip version 4.2.
    I installed Version 4.2 but it is not in the startup folder (to autostart).

Version 4.2 worked for about 2 days and then I began getting the same conflict and a similar error message. When I try and activate the program a message says "integer overflow" [Debug.txt] log created. When I hit ctrl/shift Z to access the Arsclip menu nothing happens but then I get MANY randomly timed messages telling me :

"Access violation at address 0061ADB8 in module Arsclip.exe
    Read address 0000078c

How can I solve this problem ?

I'd also like to know where (what file) the ARSCLIP data is stored in, and if in the future, there is a way to manually collect the clipboard shortcuts as a way to manually backup and restore these shortcuts in case I re-install Arsclip again and have the same problem ?

Bill Zardus
    WRZ
    Delaware County, PA
    DevilsAdvacat

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

According to this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/arsclip.html
    I have a program that only has an exe (no install). I drag the exe into the startup folder so it starts with windows.

3. DevilsAdvacat

Is this why I can't uninstall this new version of Arsclip ?

I just noticed today that when I wanted to uninstall Arsclip through control panel, that Arsclip is not listed as a program that is installed ?

I don't remember ever having a problem like this before uninstalling software.

This is starting to become annoying and I may just give up and just delete the Arsclip files I can find manually and then look for a similar program.

Bill Z
    WRZ
    Delaware County, PA

4. DevilsAdvacat

If you choose to install to the system's Program Files location, Vista and above "will virtualize the data files to your profile - making copying difficult. "

----------------------
    I'm not sure what that means. When I installed Arsclip it didn't ask me any questions, and I'm not sure what I would have said, if it did.

WRZ

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds