Artec digital TV

Discussion in 'Software' started by dnicu26, Jan 1, 2006.

1. dnicu26

dnicu26 Private E-2

I got this mini Artec digital TV box that plugs into my computer for Christmas.
    My dad got it from Dixons and surprisingly the box was all sealed up with the security seal and everything but the actual digital box was scratched and so was the CD. This is what I'm talking about: http://www.artec.com.tw/ehtm/be121.htm

However, I tried to install the drivers but whenever I run set up or autoplay an error saying that the component cannot be found and that I may not have enough rights on this computer came up. I tried it on another computer, same thing and I was logged in as Administrator on both.

I took it back to the store and changed it. This time the cd wasn't scratched and everything was fine. Same error.
    I don't know what on earth can be wrong with it! Anybody have any ideas? I'll just take it back if I can't fix it :(

Attached Files:

2. dnicu26

dnicu26 Private E-2

So what should I do? Is there any known fix or I'd be better of getting a new one?

If I am to get a new one, could you please provide me with the following informations:
    I've got a TV tuner for my pc ( Media Center Edition OS) but I don't know what extras I need to buy for it. I don't know what sort of TV tuner it is either.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds