ASC 5 Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ian Hutchinson, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Ian Hutchinson

Ian Hutchinson Private E-2

Does anyone know how to use this safely. I want to clean up my registry but am apprehensive. Last time it messed something up, thought I would ask the experts
    :major

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Ian Hutchinson

Do I just run it or ? Do everything it says or watch for certain thing, etc. I just want to be careful and not mess up the computer or anything. Last time I messed it up really bad. Any suggestions, thank you

4. Ian Hutchinson

I watched the video thank you, just wanted to hear what you had to say. Thank in advance

5. Ian Hutchinson

Ok...I braved it and rebooted everything seems to be alright sir:major
    Thank You, I was just a little apprehensive after my last experience.
    I want to thank all of the Majorgeeks out there....Everyone...for all that we do.
    Pay It Forward I Will

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  6. Ian Hutchinson

I just rebooted to check everything out and this box showed up. What to do now. Ugh:cry
    And I did a speedtest.net check and it is at around 5-6 Mbps...I was up to 20-25 Mbps All Thanks to the Majorgeeks Battalion
    Should I restore everything
    We do have Comcast and we are in the middle of a storm, but I have been doing speedtest.net all day & it has been usual until I used ccleaner slim.
    It found 400+ issues fixed them but internet slowed up and that box now? Banging head

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  7. Ian Hutchinson

Ok I restored the registry and still the same box? I am going to do a system restore.:major

8. Ian Hutchinson

Ok, did system restore and box disappeared. The same thing that happened before, then it just got gradually worse. This is why I wanted someone to talk me through it or give me some advice from previous experiences:).

9. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

plodr, gave you the safest reg cleaner. :)
    Check/update your D-Link wireless adapter, driver for issues.
    Cheers..

Just to add: I'm not good with drivers. I can fix issues (driver related) on my machines, but would not give advice on line.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  10. psychedelicmaniac

psychedelicmaniac Private E-2

does this piece of software dont have a backup function for both registry and OS
    kind regards:confused

11. Ian Hutchinson

Yes it does, I did that process first and it didn't fix the problem. IDK But then I did a system restore and was okely dokely.
    Thank you sikvik, it is a sticky situation. It was just the storm I think everything is back to normal now.:major

But still wondering....I'll Google it! lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds