Asking for Opinion... Your choice for decent DVD Ripper

Discussion in 'Software' started by damedic_mt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. damedic_mt

damedic_mt Private E-2

Hello :)

I just built a HTPC with large HDD's.

We have lots of DVD's just lying on the shelves. Maybe exaggeration but - TONS! :-D

I would like to clear up these shelves by getting our favorites onto the HDD's and maybe have a cleaner looking viewing area.

Any suggestions as to a good DVD Ripper to put them on the hard drive (s)?

Free is a very good price
    - if one is available?

Thanks in advance :wave

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

WinX DVD is not bad and is free, I'm sure many others have suggestions as well as this is a popular topic. I have used Handbrake in the past also to rip a DVD and it worked very well.

What I would suggest is to try a few out that get suggested with the ripping the same DVD and look at the quality, then pick the one you like the best.

Also do let us know what Windows version you are using as this helps in picking compatible apps.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Hands down its handbrake!

4. damedic_mt

damedic_mt Private E-2

Greetings & thanks for such a quick reply.

I appreciate your suggestions & opinions - very valuable to me.

I like the idea to try multiple programs, ripping the same DVD & comparing results - Very good advice.

Now I just need some suggestions - and so far I have received a couple. I will keep checking back for others.

Thanks to all!! :)

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium.

5. Baxter Stockman

Baxter Stockman Private First Class

6. Baxter Stockman

Baxter Stockman Private First Class

I see what you did there. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds