ASP - Converting images from .TIFF to .JPEG

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr Garrison, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Mr Garrison

Mr Garrison Private E-2

Hey Team,

Just wondering if there is a way to convert .TIFF files to .JPEG files or .GIF files on the fly.

Internet Explorer opens up image viewer everytime I try to open a .TIFF file and I would like to open the file so that it displays in the browser window itself rather than launching another program to view it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr G.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

TIFF files should work in IE.. perhaps the content type is not being set properly / sent for TIFF files from your site?

3. Mr Garrison

Mr Garrison Private E-2

HI Kodo,

I just read that .TIFF files are not native to IE and that a helper application is needed to view them. If that is the case (which I think it is), I would like to use an ASP component or function so that the file can be converted to a native file format that can be used in IE.

So if you know of any components or methods in which I can do that - that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mr.G

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds