Aspire 5920 Vista Sound card Not detected

Discussion in 'Software' started by LittleDragon, May 13, 2009.

1. LittleDragon

LittleDragon Private E-2

First thanks for being here, and I hope you can help.

I have not had sound for over 3 months. (I wish I could tell you what happened before I lost sound, I am not sure, it has been awhile) (I did notice it after yahoo crashed one time, then it did reinstall it self, but after hibernation, it was gone again.) I have tried every trick I could find on the net, have downloaded every driver I could try, and nothing works. My audio driver is in the Device Manager , it is listed as the HD Audio Controller under system, not in Audio, Video, and Game controllers. So a lot of post have not helped me. I have checked to make sure everything is working as far as starting and making sure it is not just hidden. Every time I reinstall the driver after uninstalling it, it says "please consult with your device manufacture for assistance getting this device installed high definition audio controller."
    I am trying to include all information needed, I really don't know what to do at this point, and I really do not want to have to reformat my computer.

I tried to use the program you said to use, but it said something about having an issue with my computer, it went really fast I missed it. I also noticed it didn't include my motherboard, so I included some extra information. The txt file was too big, so I have it in part 1 and 2 and extra :D hope this is ok.

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave HI! Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    You're referring to Everest; the free version is a bit old and occasionally doesn't produce accurate results with newer hardware; not anything to worry about. The report does show that your audio device is present, and is being detected by Windows (this is also true because you said it shows up in the Device Manager). First thing to do is to uninstall the driver. Go to the Vista version of Add/Remove Programs; I think you go to the Control Panel, select Program & Features, and then you'll see a list of installed programs. Look for "Realtek HD Audio Controller" or something real close to that and uninstall it. Restart the PC. If Vista tries to reinstall the driver automatically, cancel the install if it lets you. Install the chipset drivers available from this link. Then restart the PC. Then download and install this driver. Restart the PC when it finishes. With any luck, this will fix the audio....
    :-D
    Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
    [dlb]

3. LittleDragon

LittleDragon Private E-2

I would love to say that worked, but it didn't. I am sorry, I tried everything you said, 2 times, just in case I messed up the first time, and it didn't work. I know the first one installed right, the one for the chip set, but the sound driver still won't install. It still says "driver device software trying to find predefined folder, then it says fail and the same message as before, to contact my manufacture. Thank you for your help, and I hope maybe you can figure out what is wrong. Again thank you for your time. :D

4. LittleDragon

LittleDragon Private E-2

Just an update. After all this time, I have not tried anything since my last attempt here. Well, I turned on my computer (no updates or anything) And I had sound. Not sure why. If I turn off my computer, sometimes I have sound, other times I don't when I turn it back on. I did a system restore point, for when I had sound, then the next time I didn't I tried to restore to that point, and it did not help. Only differnece with sound and without is that with sound I have Realtek HD Audio Manager, and if I don't have sound that the HD manager is not in the icon try. Maybe you all can figure out why sometimes when I turn on my computer I have sound and sometimes I don't. Just wanted to update and let you know what is going on. Why sound or no sound if anyone knows. Thanks :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds