Aspire 7750G 9807 FN Keys Aren't Working!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wilkems, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Wilkems

Wilkems Private E-2

I have tried seemingly everything. Updated launch manager, rebooted my laptop. Nothing. I bought the laptop online so I don't have a windows disk. There is no keyboard driver. I'm just completely lost. Nothing works as far as the function key is concerned. Please help?

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

My experience is that - in the event of a missing or corrupt keyboard driver - none of the keys will work.

My guess is the keyboard itself is defective. I've replaced several notebook keyboards where most of the keys worked but others didn't.

If the PC was purchased under a year ago, replacing the keyboard should be covered under the mfr's warranty. If not, you should be able to find a new replacement keyboard from a top-rated seller on eBay for between $15-$20 depending on the model.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Wilkems

Wilkems Private E-2

But do you really think that out of the 50+ keys it just so happened that the one key to go bad is the fn key? To me that just sounds like too much of a coincidence, which is why I think it's a software issue. I mean, it's possible, but, still... Besides when I got the laptop it was pretty much brand new.

4. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Try hooking up a USB external keyboard to the PC. If all the keys on it work, it basically knocks out a software or Windows issue and points back to a failure of the attached keyboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds