AsRock Realtek No Audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by msxmgd, Feb 16, 2009.

1. msxmgd

msxmgd Private E-2

Hello
    I'm pretty sure similar problems to mine have been addressed on these forums, and on the web (which i've spent hours and hours searching for answers) but none of the things work for my computer.

Two days ago I actually got the sound working.
    Then I accidentally yanked the power cord (it comes out really easily) and when the computer started again, no sound.:cry

I have only very vague recollections of what I did to fix it. I was so happy that it was working that I immediately began a four hour left 4 dead fest (I'm on vacation... get of my back, haha).

I just built this computer - it's an AsRock motherboard, w/ Realtek HD Audio, windows SP2 (I had SP3 but two days ago I removed it, changed some things [which I forget!! Argghhh!!!] and sound worked), Dirext X 10 i think, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

I used to not be able to install realtek drivers but I did that thing with the UAA Bus Drivers (uninstalling them) and got the realtek drivers working. Unfortunately, that didn't do me any good.

Any suggestions?
    I have no clue at this point.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

you uninstalled uaa drivers? im hoping you reinstalled them as you probably need them. once that's installed, reinstall the realtek drivers.

3. msxmgd

msxmgd Private E-2

yup, they were automatically reinstalled
    so now I've got the UAA drivers (supposedly without error) and the realtek audio (supposedly working...)

but still, no sound.

it's weird because (as far as I can tell) everything looks like it should be working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds