ASROCK SIS-741GX - vista drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by kingrollo, Mar 6, 2009.

1. kingrollo

kingrollo Private E-2

Weired problem here. Justinstalled vista home premuim onto pc based around asrock 741glx mboard - device manager doesn't show any exclamation marks - but I have no sound - and no lan connectivity -

I have tried download drivers from the asrock website - but none work - and vista device manager looks fine - the only hint of a problem is that in the system tray - it says no audio output device is installed. Driving me mad please help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Check in Services (click start > type in Start Search box services and hit enter) check to see if the Windows Audio (audiosrv) service is Started and set to Automatic.

Did you when installing again install the Chipset Drivers for the mobo? (likely you have as you have no marks in dev manager) bit try installing the chipset driver again and then the audio driver from ASRock, but also dont have your security software enabled, especially Spybot if installed.

3. kingrollo

kingrollo Private E-2

What a numpty I was ! - somehow all the devices had gotten disabled in the bios - I enabled then (this trashed the existing vista install) - but when I reinstalled vista everything was working ok 1

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers for the update, also reminded me of something else to suggest when faced with same issue, wouldnt have initially thought of bios settings.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds