Asrock "win7 Usb Patcher" (how Long Should It Take??)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shuriken UK, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Shuriken UK

Shuriken UK Private First Class

I'm having to use Asrocks "Win7 USB Patcher" to inject some USB & EHCI or xHCI drivers into my Win7 ISO, but does anyone know how long this is supposed to take? 25+ minutes later and its still stuck at the "copying files from Windows folder" stage. How long does it take to copy some files from a folder that is less than 7GB in size? If it wasn't for the constant HDD access noise I'd think nothing was even happening. The app keeps complaining that Drive A: isn't ready too (this is before the patching began), thats my floppy drive. Why does it care about my floppy drive, this has nothing to do with floppy discs at all!

My PC IS old, but its NEVER taken 20+ minutes to copy a set of large files. EG, copying 6GB worth of music will take no longer than 5 mins I reckon, so what could be taking this patcher so damn long lol?! Its a very vague app.

When I did a similar thing to install Win7 on my current rig (using tools I've forgot the names of...), to create a bootable Win7 USB installation drive, it took no more than 5 minutes. Is this just bad software coding or something? I just can't imagine why injecting some files into a disk image should take so long.

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

Edit: FINALLY after about 35 mins it finishes, but with an ERROR! "Operation Copy Driver Folder is not completed, Error code 112"... I love PC's, so straight forward.

Has anybody out there had a positive experience with Asrocks USB patcher? If so, how do you make it positive? Thanks...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. Shuriken UK

Shuriken UK Private First Class

I forgot to mention, these are the steps the app requires you to take (as also instructed on Asrocks page for the utility).

1. Choose how you wish to install Win7 = I chose USB only
    2. Locate your Win7 ISO = Done
    3. Locate the USB stick to add patched ISO to = Done

So I've done everything the app wants, yet it still doesn't work... Theres nothing wrong with my disc image, I used it to install from USB on THIS rig, so its definitely the Patcher thats causing the grief.

I'll try it a 3rd time, this time mounting the image in Daemon Tools, although mounting the ISO was not mentioned ANYWHERE on Asrocks official instructions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds