asrockaod790gx no acc or bios overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcrampage, Apr 11, 2009.

1. pcrampage

pcrampage Private First Class

i solved my bios issue i am at 1.40v current. But now whenever i try to flip on acc or basicly most things with bios, i'm black screened!!... I get a no signal error from my monitor within seconds. I'm then forced to clear cmos ...Also it only overclocks stable to 2.8.5GHZ with the asrock oc tuner phenom II 710 x3 my HT link also only runs at just below 2000 and at almost 2200 when clocked at 2.8ghz...this has to be all do to a single problem..mmmm yes thats it basicly a board thats supposed to be a great all around overclocker acting like the grandmother from flowers in the attic. I will be most grateful for any informed opinions or advice.:major OS win xp home SP 3 oh and i installed this new cpu and motherboard over another amd system this was a major upgrade not a new build cpu and motherboard are the only new additions.

2. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

I would try and reset your BIOS to default.
    I no of a program that will over haul your Pc and give it a good boost of speed right now i have a DELL 4500 with a 2.00GHZ pentium (R)4 and i have it maxed out to 4.70Ghz with this program with out messing around with the bios the program maxez every thing and fixes problems.It's free for 30days but if you hit ALT F4 it's basicly free.Try this and see if it works for yea.iIt's a great program and i have been useing it for 2 1/2 years.

http://download.cnet.com/System-Mechanic-Professional/3000-18512_4-43409.html?tag=mncol

3. pcrampage

what happened this site used to be so helpful now no one knows anything...or at least they aren't sharing the knowledge with me...come on guys i need to figure out weather an RMA is in order befor my 30 days are up.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, try posting in a coherent manner. Can you list the stuff in your box? PSU, CPU and all that good stuff.

What is the BIOS issue you solved? How are you judging stability?

5. pcrampage

ok system xp home sp3 ocz pc 8500 dd2 800 asrock aod790gx evga 8800gts 320 phenom II 710 x3. the bios problem which is on page two here at majorgeeks was just how to flash bios from 1.30 to 1.40 ..solved...it wasn't the answer i was looking for however...enabling acc and some other bios features causes a total failure.the moment hit save settings, I get a no signal error from my asus monitor ...the fans run ..the ones not MB controlled and i also have a temp and fan speed display which also stays on..but its a paperweight until i clear cmos...also i can only clock my cpu to 2.8.5ghz stable but it will run 3dbenchmarch06 at 3.2ghz what am i doing wrong.....well let me know whatever comes to mind thanks in advanced

6. pcrampage

i am pretty much judging stability on weather or not it runs grand theft auto 4 without crashing to desktop at the moment.i've only had the new board and cpu installed for 2 days Note i installed the board and cpu over my x2 athlon 4800+ and gigabyte board so this was an upgrade not a complete new build.

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

What are your CPU temps? Are you using stock cooling or better? I would use some of the better known stability testers to see if you are stable. Memtest for RAM, Prime95 is also a good stress test.

8. pcrampage

i tried prime95 everything went smooth max temp 36c. no errors or warning no work in query. my problems are all software based i think. the test was run at stock speed 2.6ghz.i love this cpu but hearing that everyone else can overclock it at such high speeds with no problem makes me wonder whats wrong here. but lets focus on why i can't use acc for now..and if i should try my luck with an RMA because not everyone is having this problem..in fact only a small number have this issue with my board.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds