asset tracking

Discussion in 'Software' started by selftotnewby, Mar 26, 2012.

1. selftotnewby

selftotnewby Private E-2

does anyone have a solution they can share for asset tracking? i would like to find an easy way to manage around 1,000 computers. Barcode reader with Excel? barcode reader with Access? anyone have a template or example they wouldnt mind sharing?

2. poginga

poginga Private E-2

I'm sorry I don't have anything for Access, but in Excel you can find a few templates. I'm not sure if they are exactly what you are looking for, but here's where to find them.
    Click New, then search "Asset Tracking" in the dialogue box titled: "New Workbook". You can download any of the options you see there. If none of those work and you are willing to buy something, CG4 Solutions offers great asset tracking software. You can see if it is what you are looking for. I do know that CG4 does barcoding. Good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds