Asus a7a266-e mb woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SnOzZ, Jun 4, 2005.

1. SnOzZ

SnOzZ Private E-2

can anyone tell me the MAX speed cpu i can put in this board.? my athlon xp 2ghz died on me today and i need a replacement.

i know the MB has a 266mhz fsb with a socket A chip and i have seen an athlon xp 2400+ with 266mhz fsb but im not sure if the board will take it.

Any advice would be great Thanks

SnOzZ

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You can put any athlon XP into the system and it will work.

Although you're rather confusing as to what you had before. You said you had a 2ghz XP chip in there. But then later you talk about a 2400+. So when you said 2ghz before did you mean 2800+ (2800+ run at 2.08Ghz)? Or did you mean 2000+?

At any rate it doesn't really matter much, SO long as you don't buy a 64 bit chip you'll be fine. Any athlon XP chip you can find should work in your board.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds