ASUS A8M2N-LA mobo stuck in case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michaelscott, Sep 13, 2007.

1. michaelscott

michaelscott Private E-2

In the process of switching my current mobo over to a new case. Everything is out, except one last screw.

The end of the screw appears on the other side of the case, and is just flat silver.

Ive heard the term of a 'locked screw', but cannot find anything online to help me deal with this problem.

What I have seen just tells me to use a 'strong arm', but that hasnt been successful and worried about damage to mobo.

Ack !

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

While attempting to remove the screw, try pushing on the end of the screw with a straight dental pick to push it gently. This will aid in the threads catching, and the screw will most likely back out...

I know this post is old, but hey, it's good advice. Who knows who may read it...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds