Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ktiz, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

Can somebody tell me about the to RJ45 plugs in the back... Is it only used as a network, or can it be used for anything else (ie. pluggin in both RJ45 cables in to the router and having internet go faster) That probably doesn't work... but it would be sweet if it would. Anyways, are they only there for hooking up another comp?

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

one of them is an nVidia LAN port which is standard 10/100 (100MBps), and the other is a Gigabit LAN port which is 10/100/1000 (1000MBps).

the only reason you have two is to be able to hook into 2 different networks at the same time... some businesses for example have their printers on one network and the rest of their intranet on another, so the printers dont use bandwidth from the main network.

hooking up two cables to the same router will do nothing :( unfortunately.

3. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

lol ok thanks... I have another question about the SATA, There are 8 SATA slots where I can plug in, Which ones do I use for my SATA Hard drive? Red or black, or does it matter?

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

any of them SHOULD work... however if you do some research (perhaps in the Asus forums) you can find out which SATA headers are going to be more of a bandwidth conflict, and people will recommend which ones work best. I will look and see what i come up with

5. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

Everywhere I have looked has said there are 4 - 3GB SATA, and doesn't speicy which are which, The other ones are Raid,0,1,2,3,4,5 and again doesn't specify.

6. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

any ideas?

7. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

If you only have one SATA HDD use any of the ports = SATA1, SATA2 SATA3, SATA4,(they are the 4 ports nearest the front of your mobo/case) these port's allow up to 3Gb/s of data transfer.
    The Actual data transfer rate depends on the speed of the sata hdd installed.
    You need to read the manual!
    Here is link for the manual all the info you need is here:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/down..._id=1&f_name=e1889_a8n_sli_deluxe.zip~zaqwedc
    After ya read the manual if you need any help just ask.

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

It's in the manual, spelled out very clear! complete with picture!

Nice MOBO, I was thinking about picking one up.

raid 0,1,2, etc is configuration of HDD's not ports

9. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

see the thing is, it's not that clear, I have read the manual, and they are labled, Sata, and SATA RAID... 1 set is black(4 ports - SATA) and the others are red (4 ports- SATA RAID), I do have it set up in the black ones, I just wanted to know the difference if there was any. THanks

10. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

What ever, not to be rude, I did answer your question.

Self Quote:
    "If you only have one SATA HDD use any of the ports = SATA1, SATA2 SATA3, SATA4,(they are the 4 ports nearest the front of your mobo/case) these port's allow up to 3Gb/s of data transfer.
    The Actual data transfer rate depends on the speed of the sata hdd installed."

These ports are marked on the mobo and detailed in the picture in the manual
    You will need to set in bios which sata to boot from.

The PDF file I viewed the manual in was in black & white so I cant tell you which ports are black or red, (All I seen were black "LOL")

11. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

My question was, Is there a difference between "SATA" And "SATA RAID", because it specifically says two different things in the manual, thats all I wanna know... thanks

12. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Yes, they support differant raid configurations,different drivers.
    If you have only one hdd, raid not possible, no differance.

13. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

ok thanks... Sorry for sounding like an as*hole, I just didn't know how to word it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds