asus A8N32-SLI deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newbielee, Apr 23, 2009.

1. newbielee

newbielee Private E-2

hello all i have been given this pc for helping out at the high school "yes"
    better than my old p4b266 anyway i have got it running but i cant get the sound to work i have scanned all i can downloaded the drivers from asus run everything i can think of but still no sound computer managment shows no signs of any wrongs or conflics i have not flashed bios could this help ??

mobo a8n32-sli deluxe
    o/s ms windows xp pro sp3
    1.0 gig ram
    radeon x300 video card

my bios ver 1009 my feeling is to flash it what do you all think :)

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Not a bad board. A few things to check (if you haven't already)before you flash the bios - as I consider a bios flash to be a last ditch effort. A bad bios flash can kill your board.

--Go into the bios, and make sure the audio is enabled. It could have been disabled by someone.

--Go into the services (Start, then Run - type "services.msc" without the quotation marks, and press Enter). Look in the list for a service named "Windows Audio" and make sure it is set to automatic and is running. If it doesn't appear in the list at all, check post #16 in this thread, and follow the instructions to restore the service to the registry (including backing up your current registry):

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1287964#post1287964

--It looks like this board has the Realtek ALC850 8-channel CODEC. I recommend downloading and installing the audio driver directly from the ASUS site (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8N32-SLI Deluxe) if you haven't tried that already. Often when other drivers fail, the original manufacturers driver will work.

Hope some of this is of use. Let us know how it's going :)

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Make sure your MOBO sound header has the jumpers installed correctly...
    This info is avaible in the MOBO manual, you can download it at Asus web

4. ronss

ronss Private E-2

if sound is enabled in the bios, and you still cannot get it working,,,get ya a cheap sound card, and disable the onboard sound.:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds