Asus/ATI graphic card

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxgt1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. maxgt1

maxgt1 Private E-2

I have a home built pc - Mobo - winfast 6150m2ma. cpu - AMD athlon 64 x2 4600+. chipset - nvidia nforce 410. 2gb ram.
    The problem is trying to get an Asus EAH2400 pro graphics card (pcie) to work with vista, it works great with xp but when i switch to vista on my dual boot system i get an incompatability error which shuts down the graphics card.
    I have tried the latest drivers from asus & Ati and searched endlessly for a solution. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    Try this: boot in Vista in Safe Mode. Go into the Device Manager and disable the on board video (right click, select Disable). Then right click on the video card and select Uninstall. Then reboot in normal mode, and reload the video card driver. Click this link for the newest Vista 32bit driver. It was just released on Sept 16. Follow these steps and let us know how it goes! :-D
    Good luck!

3. maxgt1

maxgt1 Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestions which i tried but with no luck.
    I,ll have to keep looking and you never know the companies might come up with a solution ( not holding my breath )

Thanks again

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Have you checked the BIOS to be sure that the PCIe slot is set as the primary video device? Also, some BIOSes have an option to disable on board video by setting the allocated memory to zero, sometimes there's simply a "Disabled" selection.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds