Asus driver problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by dolinar, Jul 20, 2008.

1. dolinar

dolinar Private E-2

Good evening everybody. This will be my first post here.
    Five days ago i got myself a new laptop, an ASUS Model x50SL.
    With the computer i only got drivers for windows vista. On this computer i am using windows xp sp2.

And here is my problem. for the last 5days i have been trying to get the sound to working. I did everything, instaling UAA drivers (witch btw didnt even ask me to reboot) ect. I got the drivers for my sound card from the asus hopepage but all i get is this error:
    <snip>
    I dont know what to do. so if there is anyone out-there that might know how to help me... help me heh

regards
    dolinar

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You need to make sure that the old drivers are uninstalled, before installing the new ones.

You may not be able to perform all of these steps, but do any that are available to you.
    1) In Device Manager, remove the High Definition audio device (or the unknown device, if there is one) under Sound, Video & Game controllers.
    2) Go into Device Manager>System, right click the UAA Hi-Def Bus driver.
    Disable the device and then uninstall it. (Do not re-boot yet)
    3) Uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (you may just have a folder that says Realtek) through Add/Remove Programs (if it's installed but not working)
    KB888111
    In Add/Remove Programs, look for the KB888111 update and uninstall it. (It may have uninstalled in last step)
    If you install, remove, and then re-install this update, the update is no longer listed in Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    Therefore, you cannot remove this update from your computer.
    To work around this problem, follow these steps.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP2\KB888111 (may be in SP3)
    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    4. Click Yes, and then exit Registry Editor.
    Run CCleaner, both the Cleaner and Registry.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d4191.html
    Reboot, but don't let Windows install the driver.
    Install your driver, then reboot, again.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_Hi...P03_d4902.html
    The UAA should be contained in this download.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds