Asus driver problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shanny76, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

I too am having major issues with getting drivers for this ASUS sr1000il
    I cannot get the ethernet, PCI device, SM Bus controller Video controller,

I have searched & searched, I had to do a fresh install of Win XP but cannot find the drivers anywhere.

The number I get from the motherboard is M2A VM, search and came up with a whole lot of nothing.

I am very frusterated and if you can help me out I would really appreciate it

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Re: Asus driver problems Please help

These are all the original drivers for your PC.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=415993

Start with the chipset drivers first.

3. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

Thank you for your help but it wont accept the drivers, I have to put them on my flash drive & transfer them over but its saying it cannot find the driver.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Have you actually transfered them to the HDD or are you trying to install them from the flash drive? (should still work from there)

5. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

I am tring to install them from the flash drive but then I transfered them to my HDD drive & still nothing. I have more information on this computer

ASUS M2A VM
    CPU- AMD Athlon 64 x 2 DUAL Core Processor 4200+
    Win XP SP2

Thank You again for your help

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You transfered them as the .exe files that downloaded, right?

Did you try installing the chipset drivers first?

Your PC is a Compaq Presario?

7. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

I did download them as .exe, yes the chipset is the first one i tried to DL, but I had made a mistake when i gave you the infoits not a compaq thats mine its running fine.

The problem computer says its a asus ican never heard of it was given to me so I was just trying to install windows xp for my kids, so they could use it for school & stuff I must apoligize as I am not very good at this.

I am not even sure where to look for the information all i have is
    ASUS motherboard ASUS M2A VM
    CPU- AMD Athlon 64 x 2 DUAL Core Processor 4200+
    Win XP SP2

Thank you

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That could be the problem. I went by this info ASUS sr1000il and sr1000il is the model number for a Compaq PC.

Follow this link, than click Download (on upper left) that should take you to your board's downloads.
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

9. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

Thank you I will try that I just ran a Everest to get the information I need.

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:) Let us know if the drivers work for you (or doesn't)

11. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

OK Ill keep you posted I am going to try it now. Well I tried it an an error message is coming up saying that it canot find any AMD componts on this computer...

12. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Was that the chipset driverl, that gave you that error?
    This one?

AMD Chipset Driver Program for Windows XP & 64bit XP.(WHQL)
    2008/01/18 update

13. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

Yes that was the one.

14. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Maybe, we should go with an Everest report.

Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit

15. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

Here's my report,

Attached Files:

16. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That's weird we have te right motherboard, chipet, and driver. Maybe try the other driver with this date: 2007/04/17.
    Everest is showing that your chipset driver does need installing.

17. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

There are alot of those drivers with that date, LOL I am trying one now Illlet you know how it goes.

AMD Chipset Driver Program for Windows XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003.(WHQL) i am trying this one, all i can say is this is the most frusterating computer I have ever reformatted lol

18. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

It didnt work I may just try to install an ethernet card at least if I could get on the internet with that pc then i could DL whats needed and maybe run my driver programme and go from there.

I know it very strange I have never seen anything like this. It should just dl the chipset I cant understand why its doing this...
    Thanks again.

19. Shanny76

Shanny76 Private E-2

Well good news I installed another Network card and I have the internet so I ran a Driver detective and found most of what I need now there is only 2 missing & its a PCI Device & unknown device.

Thanks for all your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds