asus EEe PC won't boot win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by goryirol, Sep 18, 2010.

1. goryirol

goryirol Private E-2

when i power up, i get the post screen and can enter the bios set up screen, when i exit bios setup or continue to boot normally it goes to a blank screen with a blinking curser. i have the win 7 cd but no external drive. is there some way to burn a rescue usb drive from the cd?

anyone?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes give this Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool HERE a go as it should allow you to copy your Win7 DVD to USB pen drive to allow you to access the recovery tools.

Note: you will need a sizable USB pen drive and have to copy the DVD to an ISO file format so the application able can read that file format, ImgBurn is good for making an ISO file and a Guide to creating this ISO HERE

Their are other ways of doing this but the above is easyish, the other way is HERE (Diskpart is a powerful app so do take care is using as listing the wrong drive can have you ending up formatting your main HDD on the PC your creating this bootable usb pen on).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds