Asus Eeepc G4 lost charge now the screen isnt doing anything

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blowyamind, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Blowyamind

Blowyamind Private E-2

my sister was scanning her asus Eeepc G4 and the charge completely drained from the laptop, she then plugged it back in and now altho the power and wireless lights come on there is nothing happening on the screen? Any suggestions?:confused
    Much Appreciated peeps :-D

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Hook up an external monitor, turn it on and see if you have video.

3. Blowyamind

Blowyamind Private E-2

I dont have access to that just now and really need 2 get this issue resolved asap, pleeeeeeaaaasssse any1? Thank you.
    Shanna :)

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If the battery is that flat, I would leave it charging for an hour , or, longer,without switching on, as laptops sometimes play dead, until there is some life in the battery.

5. xspankyx

xspankyx Private E-2

might be an issue with sleep mode. Common problem with laptops apparently as I've discovered. See if this doesn't help:
    1. Turn off the laptop
    2. Take out the battery and the power cord.
    3. Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds
    4. Reinsert the battery (no cable) and see if it turns on right.

If that doesn't work, try running it without the battery and just the power cord plugged in. If none of that works, I call dead LED light.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds