Asus Laptop & Windows 8 Pro. Please Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Luthius, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Luthius

Luthius Private E-2

Hi Guys,

A few months ago my parents bought the me a new Asus K53E Laptop, it came with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed, then a few weeks ago Microsoft offered me to upgrade to Windows 8 Professional for a mere $14.99 because I had bought my Laptop with Windows 7 within the time period for this promotion, so I selected it, and I also backed everything up before upgrading, so I could then select the Complete Fresh install, every on the main drive was formatted clean, which was exactly what I wanted.....

Once the download and install was done everything seemed ok, but then I had to run around online trying to find all the latest Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit drivers for my laptops hardware, but also all the conjoining Software for the hardware that is Windows 8 64Bit compatible....

So I went to Asus site and they seem to have everything I needed, in regards to the latest drivers and software for my laptop, but I ran into issues with some of the software which is meant to be fully Windows 8 compatible, like the BIOS software Update Utility for my laptop, half way through the install it stopped and said that this software requires an Asus Device, and fails install. so I cannot update to the latest BIOS which fixes the Brightness control issue within Windows 8...

So then I though I would try and go to each hardware's website and see if they had newer device drivers that are fully windows 8 (64-Bit) compatible, however, I managed to find a couple, but others require serial numbers from the hardware before allowing you to download their drivers or additional software for their hardware.....

Then today, my system has started to act up, I have recieved 3 seperate blue screens and system shutdowns, and I think its related to conflicting drivers, etc

So I thought I would back up my files from the system drive and then go into the menu and select to do a complete fresh re-install of Windows 8 Pro, however, when I went to do that, it came back virtually striaght away that some required system files are missing to perform the fresh re-install of windows, so I dont know what to do now, I paid for the upgrade to windows 8 professional, and thought it kept the 2 GB download backed up on the hard driver for when I wanted to re-install windows, but it aint their, so does this mean I have to pay for it again? surely not?

Also, can someone tell me, if I format and do a complete FRESH install of Windows 8 Professional, How can I manage to get the full potential out of my laptop by installing the best and correct hardware drivers and additonal software? As I know their are newer drivers for my laptops hardware than what asus offers me on my model laptops download page, so is it best to stick with their offerings (Asus.com) or is it better do go to each hardwares site and download each seperate driver? ie Intel, Elantech, Atheros. etc?

Any help and recommendations would be appreciated, below is a list of Every peice of hardware in my laptop, if anyone could help me find legitimate driver and software downloads for each hardware item, being the best and latest driver and software and fully windows 8 64bit compatible, I would be greatly appreciative....

Asus K53E http://www.asus.com.au/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K53E/

Operating System: Windows 8 Professional
    Display: 15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
    Chipset: Intel HM65 Express Chipset
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5GHz
    Memory: 4 Gigabyte
    Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Disk Drive: Hitachi HTS547564A9E384
    CD/DVD: Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH
    Additional Drive 1: Buffalo DriveStation 2TB USB 3.0 HDD (HD-LB2.0TU3-3A)
    Additional Drive 2: Western Digital 1TB USB 2.0 HDD (HDD 1021)
    LAN: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
    Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adaptor
    Card Reader: 4 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MS/ MS Pro/ MMC)
    Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
    Speakers: Altec Landsing Stereo
    Camera: 0.3 Mega Pixel Fixed web camera

My version has no bluetooth or Blu-Ray features.

Any help would really be greatly appreciated, I really am trying to get my system freshly formatted with a fresh install of Windows 8 Professional, and then installing the best and most optimized and performance increasing drivers available for my system, so I do not have to install, then un-install drivers, trying to work out which ones are the best for my laptop... which I have done this time around and has caused issues and has created a lot of dead files roaming on the system drive...

Also, is their any tips or tricks I should know about with this laptop? Also, does anyone know if its possible to get into this models BIOS? I cannot for the life of me find out which keys to press to get into it, thats ofcourse if its even possible, I just wanted to see if their was any settings within it to fiddle with to try and get any extra performance out of it, and to see if it is possible to set my Graphics Memory Size.

Cheers in Advance...

David

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds