ASUS M3N78-VM Will not post...won't even get to bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trikster, May 8, 2009.

1. Trikster

Trikster Private E-2

I am putting together a new basic computer for a friend. I picked up the ASUS M3N78-VM motherboard, a 4400 AM2 Processor and I have a variety of different RAM sticks available (all of which are compatible according to the chart in the MB manual). I have everything plugged in and when I turn it on, nada. I hear the HDD spin up, the fans work, LED on the MB is on, but won't even boot. Processor is known good, HDD good, RAM good. How would we know if the MB is bad? I have reset CMOS a few times, I have plugged in the power, one stick RAM, and the monitor cable, just to see if it would start to post, no dice.

Ideas please! Thanks in advance.

2. hop1hop2

hop1hop2 Private E-2

I'm having the exact same problem with my ASUS M3N78-VM using Patriot Viper DDR2 800 (PVS24G6400LLKN)

3. Trikster

Trikster Private E-2

Mine turned out to be a dead processor and a DOA motherboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds