ASUS P4C800 Deluxe mobo support

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clinteastside, Aug 13, 2009.

1. clinteastside

clinteastside Private E-2

I recently received a hand-me-down custom build from a now ex-friend. I do not have the support cd, and the box had no hdd. I've installed a 500gb SATA drive and a oem xp pro from a 2 cpu key on my laptop. Long story short, I can't get any of the drivers to work, just yellow ? marks in the device manager for Ethernet Controllers and Multimedia Controllers. I tried to run the Intel Chipset v.5.02.1003 from the ASUS driver site but to no avail. Is there some solution for this issue, or am I dead in the water?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. clinteastside

clinteastside Private E-2

Thanks, but I tried all of the usual drivers already and nothing seems to work. Is there an ISO for this mobo, or could this be a BIOS issue? All help is appreciatied.:-o

p.s. already have a .pdf of the manual. dowloaded the exact LAN driver that it specs, and still nothing. have tried to install driver for a USB wifi adapter SMC 2662 that I have and it intstalls but wont run or recognize in the wireless zero config

4. howiefix

howiefix Private E-2

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I can't get the ASUS website to work either, looks like it's still down for maintenance. Bastards.

EDIT: Never mind, it's up again. Here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us XP downloads for your board :)

Anyways. Like others have said, get the drivers directly from ASUS, and I'd actually suggest not using the driver wizard in Windows. Just get the driver file, double-click it, and do the install manually. I've found it works better. Matter of fact, you may want to try a slightly drastic approach that I've found works pretty well with laptops: Get every single driver file you can find, and manually install all of them. I'm a bit confused though. I looked over the drivers they offer for the board and there is no Intel chipset driver among them. :confused

If you're not using the onboard devices, disable them in the BIOS settings. The board may still be trying to use it's own built-in NIC instead of the USB one you want to use. (Also, is it a full OEM version of XP, or an OEM version that was "trimmed" and "tweaked" for a specific system?)

Worst case scenario: Pull the CMOS battery, wipe the hard drive, and start over. And if you paid your friend for the board, ask for a refund. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds