ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HighPlainsCowboy, Nov 13, 2004.

1. well I'm sitting here trying to setup my new ASUS motherboard. At first it would not recognize anything in on the secondary IDE. I changed the IDE configuration to Enhanced mode and told it to accept P-ata and s-ata. Now it recognizes everything but instead of saying that my hardrive is on the primary IDE channel as master and that my cdrom and dvd (two separate divices) are the master and slave on the secondary IDE it pushed the Hardrive to the third IDE channel and the cd and the dvd to the fourth IDE channel. Anyone got any idea of how this might have happened?

DUMPY55 :rolleyes:

ASUS P4p800 E-Deluxe
    INTEL 2.4C
    Transcend ddr400 512 x 2
    Maxtor 80 Gig
    Liteon CDRW/DVD Combo
    Liteon DVDRW 16x
    ANTEC Server Case

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

are you sure you set all the jumpers right? including the ones on your CD drives?

also i think you you are confusing some terms ... if you are only using one IDE HDD, you will only need to worry about 2 IDE channels(channel 1 + 2) unless you are dealing w/ a SATA drive

you should set the jumpers on your maxtor(im assuming that's a PATA, that's the standard drive w/ those wide ribbon cables and it's the boot drive) as single on IDE channel one(primary) and the jumpers on your CD drives on IDE channel 2(secondary) to master and slave respectively

if you are not using a SATA drive and you've messed w/ some of the SATA settings than set the BIOS the fail safe defaults or reset the CMOS(your mobo manuel will tell you how to do that)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds