Asus P6TDeluxe HD bus driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by sssteve72, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sssteve72

sssteve72 Private E-2

I've read through many forum posts on many websites about kb888111 and XP SP3 issues etc but they all seem to relate to REALTEK which I don't have...

I'm not sure what to try now so I thought I'd ask here for some opinions.

I have this setup.

Asus P6T Deluxe V1
    with XP Pro 32bit SP3
    onboard sound ADI2000B Soundmax audio
    Sapphire 4870 Toxic 512mb video card.

I'm having problems with the "Audio Device on High Definition Audio bus" I don't know where to find the driver (for now I've uninstalled it). I have the disk I used and have tried to find it manually but everything I select XP tells me this isn't the correct driver.

First let me say, I have sound. I have sound in games and standard windows sound. I am assuming this item is for my back panel SPDIF output though I am not sure.

I'll recheck my Bios because I can't recall the settings but I believe everything is enabled.

I installed XP with no problems and then I installed service pack 2 because I had to before I installed my chipset drivers (at least according to my manual) I can't recall if I installed my sound drivers before or after Service pack 3.

I do have kb888111 installed.

I've tried just installing my sound over top of what is installed to see if it would install the appropriate driver but it didn't.

As I recall my sound was working (though I don't know if there was anything in the device manager that showed a problem) when I installed an update from windows update ATI - Sound - ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01

After I installed that my sound stopped working. It installed that driver for the "Audio Device on High Definition Audio bus" so I uninstalled it and my sound started working again. I've since uninstalled the device and now I have no driver installed. The problem is I am left with this device and no driver to install except the ATI that still shows up on windows update.

I've been to asus website and they don't have any other driver package other than what I already have on the disk for the Soundmax onboard sound.

I'm afraid to uninstall the kb888111 and then reinstall it because it says it would have to remove SP2 and SP2 was required before I could install my chipset drivers.

Oddly I've got a Windows 7 Beta on dual boot and everything installed fine on that OS.

This seems very similiar to the REALTEK problems I've read about.

Has anyone had this problem and can anyone tell me what to try?

2. sssteve72

sssteve72 Private E-2

I did try to just uninstall the SoundMax and reinstall it. When I uninstall it then it lists two "Audio Device on High Definition Audio bus" with little yellow exclamation marks and when I reinstall one of them disappears. Also my BIOS says HD audio enabled and front panel is set to HD Audio though I suppose it could be just AC97.

Another thought. Could this mystery device be my video card since it comes with an HDMI adapter and the driver it installed from windows update is called ATIHDMI.sys and the reason I lose sound is because of a conflict? HDMI typically incorporates sound and video into one cable. I don't have an HDMI port on my video card but rather a DVI and it comes with a DVI to HDMI adapter.

3. sssteve72

sssteve72 Private E-2

I reinstalled the ATI device from windows update to see what would happen.

ATI - Sound - ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01

After I install it I still have sound until I restart my computer. After I restart I have no sound. If I go into the device manager and disable this device then I have sound again.

I don't even know what this device does, but I shouldn't have to disable it to have sound. Is there a way to check for a conflict between devices? I thought on a previous OS maybe 98 there was a conflict checker or something.

4. sssteve72

sssteve72 Private E-2

Problem solved.

If anyone else experiences this after they install the ATI - Sound - ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01 here is how to solve it.

For some reason it changes your default audio playback to this device which I believe exports it thru your video card for HDMI format.

Click START then CONTROL PANEL. Click SOUNDS, SPEECH, AND AUDIO DEVICES. Then select SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES.

This will open the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window. Select the Audio tab and change the sound playback default device from the ATI HD Audio Rear Output to whichever one is your soundcard for me it was SoundMAX HD Audio. Click apply.

Problem solved.

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:-D :highfive

I'm glad to see that you've solved your problem, and that you gave a play-by-play description of your setbacks and progress, and then the solution. NICE WORK! I'm sure someone will find this helpful in the future. ;)

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds