Asus P6x58D Premium Audio Ports Malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by svoltmer, Jan 22, 2011.

1. svoltmer

svoltmer Private E-2

I was listening through my headphones on my Asus P6x58D premium motherboard when I heard a pop in my right ear, actually felt like a electric shock, and from then on the HD audio ports are giving me notifications that " new device is plugged in / removed" over and over. Is the audio chip bad? What could have caused this?

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Can you try your speakers/headphones in another system?

3. svoltmer

svoltmer Private E-2

Its not the speakers or the headphones, they work fine attached to other devices. Could overclocking my motherboard have led to the damage to the audio chip? Or maybe a bad powersupply? Just don't want it to happen with the replacement board.

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Never heard of OC'ing doing that, but i suppose it's possible.

Try wiping all chipset drivers using Driver Sweeper, then reboot, then re-install chipset drivers from your MB makers website, reboot, then try again.

5. svoltmer

svoltmer Private E-2

I have uninstalled the audio device from the "device manager" and reinstalled with no effect.

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Yeah but try as i said, i think it's worth having a go if it saves you buying another.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

8. svoltmer

svoltmer Private E-2

I can still RMA the board to newegg for replacement, so I will go that route since it was HD audio ports not standard ac97. I just hate that I have to take everything off the board and I will have to put it all back including reseating the heatsink. Augg....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds