ASUS Radeon 9600 SE video card problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikee68, Jun 23, 2006.

1. mikee68

mikee68 Private E-2

I recently installed this video card in my system, but it doesn't seem to be working as I expected it to. It may be that my CPU is not up to the job, or the video card is not functioning properly (I bought it "used"), or it may as simple as the settings are not adjusted right.
    Basically when my PC boots up, the Boot screen and logon screen have this vertical streaky lines, kind of like Matrix lines. This continues (but only half of the screen) when Windows boots up. Its not super visible, but its there, kind of a watermark. Plus when I scroll up and down the scroll is not smooth .. the best way I can think of to describe it is like shaking out a blanket - kind of a ripple effect. I realise this is all very untechnical ... but thats about the best I can do ! Sorry! :(
    However, I did follow some Major Geeks advice and I downloaded AIDA32 and saved a copy of my system information. If there's anyone out there that thinks they can help this fool, I would appreciate it!

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

The only thing i can think of is did you update your video drivers?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds