ASUS SK8V mobo (I need some help)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heavyunit, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Heavyunit

Heavyunit Private E-2

Hello I have Asus SK8V mobo and I downloaded the Motherboard monitor 5 program the temps work for the cpu/chas.and cpu fan rpm works.
    The problem I am having is the chasis fan rpm theres no reading displayed the fan is plugged into the CHA FAN plug on the mobo.The CHA FAN is a Scythe SFF21F and theres also a PWR FAN plug on the mobo thats for the power supply fan that doesnt show up also all fans are spinning.
    The MBM5 program is real nice I just cant figure the rest out can someone please help? :confused thankyou

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

The motherboard extra fan connections will show fan speed for any fan connected that has three wires, two for power (red/black) and the third for speed (usually yellow) If a case fan is capable of showing its speed with a three pin connector it will have the three wire three pin otherwise it could have a four pin molex for power and a three pin with just the one yellow wire for the mobo.

Why your powersupply fan is not showing I don't know, but my supply has a three pin connector with one blue wire (not anything to do with power) and it shows its speeds when its plugged into the power supply connector on the mobo.

3. Heavyunit

Heavyunit Private E-2

Yes there is three fan wires red,black,yellow I am thinking about looking in f8 bios system info. The last time I checked there it was showing all FAN RPMS.

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds