Asus Xonar DX/XD vs. Creative X-fi Titanium

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fux0r, Mar 2, 2010.

1. fux0r

fux0r Private E-2

Hello.

Like the topic says: which one of those 2 cards would be better? Or maybe X-fi Extreme Gamer would be a better choice? I also heard somewhere that Titanium is better for gaming in headphones and gaming in general. Is that true? I'm a gamer so sound in games is the most important for me. I'm going to use them with a headset. Right now I've got Fatal1ty gaming headset, but I'm planning to buy a new one soon.

Also, I mean the normal Titanium version, not the Titanium Fatal1ty pro.

Thanks in advance.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I personally have used the Xonar D1 (the PCI version of the DX) and the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio OEM SB0770 (Dell OEM version), which is very close to the X-Fi Xtreme Music.

In my opinion the X-Fi line of cards is better, although there is nothing at all wrong with the Xonar.

Personally I would recommend this card: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129740

Please note however that as this as an OEM card you may need to hint for the correct drivers quite hard, although the Creative AutoUpdate should be able to find the correct drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds