ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toke, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have recently purchased one of these ''Ashton UDMA/ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller'' and I know where the correct driver DL is, but my question is ..can I just run 1 Eide HD from this card to go with my already 2 WD 120 Gig RAID 0 setup and 2 Eide 200/250 Gig. I'm a bit apprehensive as what I have read is that this card will also take a Raid setup. If I do not go as far as the Raid setup (F6) will the driver just run as an Eide??.. dont want to upset the already installed RAID 0.. Limited info on there site as this regard. Driver site is
    http://www.highpoint-tech.com./ :)

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Well i went ahead and installed card in spare com to see how it functioned but with no success. I downloaded driver to floppy and went into Device Manager to install driver from Mass Storage Controller where it is recognised but with the exclamation mark of course as no driver is installed. On trying to install it cannot find on floppy so tried to isolate with an exact command type but still no good . When computer boots up the card is recognised and tries to install driver but cannot and a message appears as does when I run new hardware install. This is message .. 'The driver instalation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This maybe because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. When i run the Add hardware and follow on screen instructions for driver a driver appears as HP370 UDMA/ATA 100 RAID (which is the one I want) and appears to install visually but of course it doesn't as this message then appears. Any clues fellow Geeks ???

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds