atapi dvd and vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by jomel1957, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jomel1957

jomel1957 Private E-2

hi, i am looking for some straightforward easy to understand help. we've just purchased a cpu with windows vista. i was installing programs all well and happy, THEN i tried to install a logitech webcam and it froze on that, i restarted the cpu and then discovered that my dvd drive was not recognized. I get an error 39 saying that it cannot load the device driver, the driver may be corrupted or missing. so i went to the properties for the drive, clicked the driver tab and searched for a new driver, but it told me i already had the most updated driver. where did it go? how can I fix this? Is it possible to find out an answer?

Thanx!![/QUOTE]

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

This is likely the fix for the code 39 on the DVD drive http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145532

The issue can arrise due to installing older applications on a newer Operating System, so before installing especially, CD Burning, Video creating, Music applications that they are the most current versions and compatible with Vista.

Is the Logitech webcam working ok? if not then do check for updates to the model of webcam driver on Logitechs website.

3. jomel1957

jomel1957 Private E-2

Now I have a problem with my usb memory because it is not recognized in any port in my cpu with vista. Howerver, other devices (mouse, etc.) that use these ports are recognized. How can I fix it? Is it possible to find out an answer?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is your DVD drive access issue fixed?

IS the Logitech Webcam working ok?

If you open Device Manager, are there any yellow ! marks by any items if so what?

When plugging in the USB pen drive and trying to access it, do you get any error messages and if so what are they and in full/verbatim please?

What you could try and disconnect any USB Pens and external USB Hard Drives, is to open Device Manager and click the + next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and then plug in the USB Pen and you should see a USB Mass Storage Device popup and when it does that is your USB Pen, right click it and choose Uninstall, then plug it back in and the driver should re-load.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds