Athlon chip sse2/ 3dnow are disabled

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by couldbe, Mar 21, 2005.

1. couldbe

couldbe Private E-2

I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ with 1 Gig of ram on a asus a7n8x-e motherboard. I'm running windows XP pro with service pack 2.

I use this pc to edit video and latley the time to render the videos has risen dramaticly e.g. a tipical clip that would require from 30 minutes to render now takes 3 hours.
    I am also getting freezing and crashing and very slow response As I understand it rendering video is a very cpu intensive application. When I look at task manager it is steadly using 100% cpu during renders. I have run several anti virus and adware detection programs and evrything in that regard looks ok.

I am now running "Hot cpu Tester" which indicates that sse2 and 3dnow are disabled. can someone tell me how to enable these features as well as make any other suggestions that I could try.

Thanks so much for any help.

Couldbe

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

the only thing I could suggest is go into the BIOS and look to see if you can enable them ... but it sounds like permanent heat damage to me, as the Athlon XP is susceptible to heat as it doesn't have much in the way of thermal protection

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds