ATI 3870X2 folding on both cores

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fred_G, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I am trying to get my 3870X2 folding on both GPU cores, any of you had any sucess with that?

:-D

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Oh, I thought you had found the solution. Precious little info on ATI folding eh? Tried to find some info for a friend who has a couple of 3650s in Crossfire and came up with nothing. Hmm, I didn't add anything to the thread eh?:-o

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

It is done. :-D Went from 1.9K or so a day to 3K PPD!

This link is from another site, but if you have a 3870X2, and fold, you might want to double your points. And your heat!

Fred is pleased with the results!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=571616 I followed this guide, had a snag or two, but nothing too confusing. Space down to the dual GPU install.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hey congrats Fred!:cool

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

If any of you are folding on a 3870X2, check it and make sure all is well. Mine went south on me a day or so ago. Been losing points. FAHMON showed them 'hung', restarts did not help, had to delete the core, and restart. Seems to be ok so far.

6. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

@ Fred_G

Which OS are you running with that vid card?
    I've got Vista 64 and just have the Systray client running on 1 core.
    (I need to figure this out.):confused

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I have XP pro for all my borgs. I gave up on the 3870X2, should have a nvidia 260 in Friday. :-D

It did fold fine on both cores for a few weeks. Never figured out what happened to it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds