ATI Catalyst 3.10 Just released

Discussion in 'Software' started by exeter_acres, Dec 17, 2003.

1. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

9x, ME and XP versions posted to front page as well.

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

I'm confused. Catalyst goes "UP" from version 3.9 to 3.1? Have they restructured their naming system?

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Its 3.9 to 3.10 not 3.1 :)

Exeter, no sweat, I believe you posted it before I got it to the front page.

5. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Pretty tricky those ATI guys. I've been doing pure alpha-numeric ranking for too long. :)

6. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

LOL.....

There is a thread over at Rage3D asking about the number too...
    I guess there still aren't some features that were promised for 4.0 quite ready yet....

Not sure how these work for people with beast cards, but on my lowly All in Wonder 7500, my benchmark scores have gone up quite a bit....
    I have not used a new driver since the 3.4's until now!!:D

7. Dogin

Dogin Private E-2

COD works fine now (previously needed patch). LOTR-ROTK is much better with the 3.10's and UT2003 is faster with everything cranked. Benchmarks dropped about 100, but the games play faster?

8. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

I've had nothing but problems with the 3.10 drivers. All of my games are laggy and choppy. I went back to the 3.9 drivers and everything is working great.

9. StratCat

StratCat Private E-2

Same here :-( they took counter strike which ran at 99 fps consistenly (game max) and took it down to 20 to 30 fps ....WTH?????

10. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Were you using tweaker programs?
    or how did you have your D3D and OpenGL settings?

Installing new drivers would set anything to conservative defaults...I believe

11. StratCat

StratCat Private E-2

Yeah it set it to default but I went in and chnged it back to what I had it on before.....no tweaker programs.....I installed the omega drivers for ATI from omegacode.com i think and they are exxentially modded 3.9 drivers and they work very very well

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds