ATI Mobility Raedon HD 4200 Series

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whicky1978, Dec 20, 2010.

1. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

I have a compaq cq61 with a Raedon Mobility HD 4200 series vidoe card with Catalyist control center installed (latest). Ho do I set it up so th I can out put HD through a VGA connection? On my old desktop, there was a way to use Cat. Center to set the HD settings, but I don't have that now. Also, I can only connect to my HDTV with a VGA cable. I don't have a HDMI connection.

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

What version of Windows are you using? This will help to know how to adjust your screen settings.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7, go to Control Panel, and under "Appearance and Personalization" you should see an "Adjust screen resolution" link. Click that, and it will give you options for the displays connected to your computer (make sure they are powered on).

3. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

I have Windows 7 and I can adjust the resolution, but will this result in the same qaulity has HD. My flat screen won't say 720p but 1280 by 720 or whatever the resolution is set to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds