Ati Radeon HD 4650 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ilias2006, Apr 10, 2010.

1. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

Hello,i bought an Ati Radeon HD 4650 recently,heres my specs
    PSU 300Watt
    Intel E2220 Dual core 2.40GHZ (no oc)
    8500GT ( oc )
    320GB hard drive
    2GB ram
    the problem is that when i pluged the radeon,my pc wouldnt start,no bios no nothing,but the fans were going etc,i removed the graphic card and now my pc dosnt boot also(was scared to death i tought i fried everything up)but a friend told me to remove one stick of ram to test,then i did and the pc ran ( with no HD 4650) then i pluged second stick and now it works also 2GB ram everything works,then i plugged my HD 4650 ( this time it gave a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep until i shut the pc off) i remove one stick and let the HD 4650 and the pc run with the 4650 and it show up in device manager etc,what is the problem?My friend have a 250W Psu and he run it fine ! ( same graphic card ),i bought this card because it use little power,ppl ran this card on 300W and 250 W,and in psu calculator i see my system with HD 4650 and everything needs only 200W in power,i really need help,what's wrong?

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Hello and welcome!

What brand is the PSU?

What MB do you have?

3. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

MSI-7525 for the mobo,Bestec 300W psu for compaq presario,and thanks for the help

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Right, thankyou for the quick reply!

Sorry, but i do notknow where to take this thread now.

Just double checking, you did plug the PSU connection into the card right? (if it needs one that is!)

5. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

no the 4650 under load needs 60W max,the pci slot gives 75W max,wich means no extra connector needed,(my 4650 ddosnt have any connector it plugs directly to pci slot.thanks for help. im desesperate :cry

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Just thought of something!

Try a CMOS reset. How to here.

7. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

could you add my msn,natashale@hotmail.fr,its easier to help me there,please :)

8. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

No thankyou. :(

This is a Hardware forum, please post your problems on here.

9. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

well anything else than the CMOS thing? why would the 8500GT work and not 4650? why i dont need cmos reset for 8500GT but for 4650? >.<

10. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Who knows, sometimes PC bits just refuse to work!

And a CMOS reset is a good thing to try for basic troubleshooting.

After you do the CMOS reset, hopefully i or someone else will take you through a troubleshooting process.

11. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

o well thanks for your response burrel,anyone else can help? pleasse its urgent... :cry

12. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Try the CMOS first.

Honestly is the probably one of the first things anyone will ask you to do.

13. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

ok i will tomorow,i also came accross this http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/257345-33-help-boot-installing-graphics-card
    will try the trick the guy said,might be my onboard GMA 3100 who knows.. thx for answers,any other guy have any idea plz post it thanks
    so basiccly for the CMOS i go to my bios then reset CMOS then off the pc then add card and test?

14. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I supose you could try disabling onboard graphics if they are not already.

Anyway, i'm off for now, hope the CMOS does it or someone else sorts you out.

15. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

fixed :) here what i did,in bios i put to PCI-E instead of PCI then it worked,tyvm everyone

16. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

LOL

We all make mistakes!

17. ilias2006

ilias2006 Private E-2

hehehe,i was also right about the PSU,i was 100%sure it had enough juice to run the card,now the card works fine,i played 5hours of MW2,nocrash etc :drool

18. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

can you send me your steam name?

Send it to my email on the right, click the red Y!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds